Video marketing is a great resource for REALTORS® and agents. Discover how video gives you an advantage over static listings. Plus explore ideas for creating captivating real estate videos that bring in more leads than ever while also increasing interest in the homes you sell!
Video Marketing for Real Estate Agents
Utilizing real estate video marketing is a great way to gain new clients – and put yourself ahead of the competition. Recent data indicates that 73% of homeowners are more likely to list with an agent who uses video to sell their properties. Therefore, you can increase your client base by making video part of your game plan when selling homes.
In addition to making your services more attractive to sellers, video also helps to sell homes more easily and for a higher price. Keep reading to learn why real estate video marketing is so effective. Plus discover tips and ideas for creating your own successful marketing videos for your real estate business.
What Percentage of REALTORS® Use Video?
NAR (National Association of REALTORS® Research Group) reports that approximately 37% of agents use video to market the homes they sell. Considering 70% of buyers watch video tours prior to choosing an agent, it’s a no-brainer that video is a valuable tool to reach new buyers. Additionally, as not all agents harness the power of video, it’s an easy way to stay ahead of the competition.
Does Video Help Sell Real Estate?
Videos are important in real estate for many reasons. Number one being that they help to sell real estate by bringing in more leads. With more eyes on the property you are trying to sell, the better the outcome for you as the agent as well as for the seller who can often get a higher price for their home.
Real Estate Video Marketing Statistics
Here are some marketing statistics that illustrate how video helps to sell real estate.
- Based on recent research, it’s estimated that 73% of homeowners are more likely to list with an agent or REALTOR® who uses video to sell properties.
- Real estate videography with drone footage sells homes 68% faster than those without.
- Agents who use video for their real estate marketing find that those videos attract 30% more views than static listings. In addition, they also result in about 403% more inquiries on the listed property. This means more eyes, more interest and therefore a better outcome for both the REALTOR® and the seller.
- Most new home buyers – a whopping 70%! – watch video tours of new houses on the market.
- 86% of home buyers will research neighborhoods through real estate videography prior to making a decision on where they want to move. This makes drone footage even more valuable as it provides a quick look at the overall area.
How Do Real Estate Videos Get Clients?
More buyers are turning to videos to make a decision both on where to live as well as who to hire. As a result, video actually helps to sell more real estate than the static images and listings you may be accustomed to.
Not only does real estate videography give potential buyers a better sense of the property being offered, but it also helps clients put a face to your brand as an agent. When this happens, you become more relatable to potential buyers. Putting a face to a name not only builds trust, but it also makes you seem more friendly and approachable.
Additionally, real estate video marketing has proven ROI (return on investment.) Video is used by all types of marketing professionals because it works! And real estate is no exception. When you incorporate video into your marketing strategy you’ll increase your followers, boost awareness of your brand, and gain more leads than ever before.
It’s been shown that video is effective at growing revenue an average of 49% faster than without. In addition, videos also get shared more often on social media giving your video listing a chance for a greater volume of organic traffic. With videos being shared 1200% more than static images and text, information about your services and listing will spread much more quickly.
Including real estate video marketing on your website can also help to boost your ranking in search engines. While including a landing page video is shown to increase your leads by 80%. While not everyone remembers a static webpage, clients who watch videos are 95% more likely to retain the information you provide within your real estate videography.
Finally, employing video marketing as a real estate agent means consumers spend more time on your website. 88% of people will spend additional time on a site with video. This in turn means more eyes on your listings and a higher chance of scoring new leads.
How Do I Make a Real Estate Marketing Video?
You don’t need to hire a real estate videographer to make your videos. Instead, you can learn how to make your own real estate marketing videos. Not only will this save money, but it will also give you complete control over the look and feel of your videos.
Following are some great tips on how to create your own real estate videography. Plus, we share some video ideas for REALTORS® to keep potential clients interested and engaged. You'll also learn where to host and share your real estate videos once they’ve been created.
Tips for Making Videos
Here are our top real estate marketing video tips for creating engaging and effective videography:
- Take advantage of easy tools, such as Canva, to make creating and editing your videos easy and consistent. Canva also offers video templates. So, it’s easy to look like a design pro! The paid version of Canva makes editing and compiling videos easier than ever. Not only can you edit and piece together clips, add music and transitions, but you can also add voiceovers to your walkthroughs to let your personality shine.
- Most smart phones now take amazing video. Therefore, it’s likely you won’t need to buy any additional equipment. If you aren’t sure how to use the video features on your smart phone, you can easily find video tutorials on YouTube.
- Add text info where relevant for those who watch videos with the sound muted. You should also include your contact information on the end screen so potential clients know how to get in touch.
- Keep length in mind. You want to edit your videos so that they are succinct and to the point. If your videos are too long, viewers will get bored quickly and you’ll miss an opportunity. We recommend that videos are around 2-3 minutes in total length. For social, however, you may want to create shorter versions to fit the platform you’re sharing them on. 3-minutevideos are shown more often organically on Facebook. While Instagram posts and reels, Twitter, and TikTok videos, require videos to be 60-seconds or less.
- Resize the videos you create for different platforms. Canva allows you to quickly and easily resize wide format video for reels or Instagram posts.
- Be sure to share your videos on other channels, in addition to your own website or blog. The more places you share your video footage, the more people you’re able to reach. In addition, as different social networks tend to target different demographics, you open your services up to a broader range of potential buyers you may not have considered.
- Accessibility is important, especially as a business owner. Make sure that you add closed captioning to your videos or provide a transcript of the voiceover within the video description.
REALTOR® Video Ideas
Once you’ve committed to creating videos for your business, it’s time to put that plan into action! Following are multiple real estate agent video ideas that you can employ when filming. These suggestions will help keep your videos interesting by allowing you to employ various forms of content that have appeal to different viewers.
- Introduce yourself or your team.
- Provide video testimonials from happy clients.
- Give a video walking tour of the neighborhood.
- Go live on a home tour with a Q&A.
- Provide information valuable to potential buyers such as market updates.
- Offer how-to’s and tips for decorating or staging a home or supply home improvement advice.
- Create drone footage showing an overview of the area a home you’re selling is located.
- Create a listing video for a home or property.
Where to Host Videos
Now that you’ve created your real estate videos, you need a place to host them so that they can be shared with the populace. You have several options here, which include both free and paid choices.
Here are the top options for hosting:
- YouTube: This platform provides free hosting and has a better chance of being shown in Google search engine results. However, YouTube does show ads on videos even if you aren’t monetizing them. Videos can easily be shared on your website or blog as well as on social media.
- Vimeo: Similar to YouTube, this platform allows you to embed videos wherever you like. However, they only offer a paid plan. Unlike YouTube, there are no ads placed on your videos. You can also create a call-to-action. Unfortunately, while affordable, Vimeo videos don’t tend to rank well in Google search.
- Wistia: Wistia is another great solution for hosting your real estate videos. They offer both free and paid options with customizable call-to-actions. You can also embed videos hosted here or download the videography you create in various sizes to use as needed. This platform works well with the popular blog hosting platform, Wordpress. It also provides a heat map so you can better track viewer engagement.
- Vidyard: This video hosting platform is another paid option with a free version for up to 5 videos if you want to give it a test run first. Like Wistia and Vimeo, you have the ability to create a call-to-action. While their analytics make it easy to track user behavior.
- Facebook: Finally, while not necessarily ideal, Facebook is another video hosting option. Any real estate videos that you upload to this social network can also be embedded onto other sites with the correct user permissions in place. However, there is no option to download videos. Therefore, you’ll want to keep the original files in a safe place.
Where to Share Marketing Videos
There are numerous places to share REALTOR® marketing videos online. Here are our top choices to put your videography to work for you!
- Your business website or blog.
- Real estate portals such as Realtor.com, Trulia, Zillow and Homes.com.
- Alongside listings on your site.
- On your social media platforms including Twitter, Facebook, TikTok and Instagram.
- Share them on YouTube with keyword search terms to help boost your website listings and reach more people.
- Use the videos you share on social networks in paid ads.
More Real Estate Marketing Tips
We hope these tips help you move forward using video marketing for your real estate business. In addition to this information on real estate video marketing, we’ve also created other real estate marketing tips to help you succeed.
- REALTOR® Marketing Tips: Explore innovative and effective ways to invest in your brand and market yourself as a real estate agent, including REALTOR® marketing strategies, promotional tools, and client gifts.
- Real Estate Marketing Ideas: Learn the best ways to market your real estate business with this collection of in-depth real estate marketing ideas and strategies.
- How to Get Leads at an Open House: Discover easy ways to generate real estate leads at open houses using promotional marketing products.
- Real Estate Social Media Post Ideas: Incorporate these real estate social media post ideas into your marketing strategy to find new customers and increase conversions.
We can’t wait to see the real estate videos you come up with to promote your services as an agent. In the meantime, also be sure to explore the magnetic products and marketing services we offer.
In the meantime, make sure your subscribeto our newsletter for updates on sales and new promotional products. You can also follow us onFacebookorInstagramfor more ideas to help you get more leads.